Cancer - All Clear in 11 Months

Friday, June 15, 2012

Dengue Fever

Dengue fever is a common illness , especially in the tropical countries. What Is Dengue Fever? A lot of people is ignorant about Dengue, and the symptoms that come with it when someone is inflicted with dengue. According to Wikipedia, " Dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever, is an infectious tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle and joint pains, and a characteristic skin rash that is similar to measles. In a small proportion of cases the disease develops into the life-threatening dengue hemorrhagic fever, resulting in bleeding, low levels of blood platelets and blood plasma leakage, or into dengue shock syndrome, where dangerously low blood pressure occurs. Dengue is transmitted by several species of mosquito within the genus Aedes, principally A. aegypti. The virus has four different types; infection with one type usually gives lifelong immunity to that type, but only short-term immunity to the others. Subsequent infection with a different type increases the risk of severe complications. As there is no vaccine, prevention is sought by reducing the habitat and the number of mosquitoes and limiting exposure to bites. Treatment of acute dengue is supportive, using either oral or intravenous rehydration for mild or moderate disease, and intravenous fluids and blood transfusion for more severe cases. The incidence of dengue fever has increased dramatically since the 1960s, with around 50–100 million people infected yearly. Early descriptions of the condition date from 1779, and its viral cause and the transmission were elucidated in the early 20th century. Dengue has become a global problem since the Second World War and is endemic in more than 110 countries. Apart from eliminating the mosquitoes, work is ongoing on a vaccine, as well as medication targeted directly at the virus " Dengue fever is extremely fatal, with no known cure, except to leave it to the own body defense system to strengthen its defense and recover. I have seen many families who lost 2 or 3 members of the family within a short span. One day, I found out that the wife of my immediate neighbours was hospitalised due to dengue. 2 days later, she passed away because of the virus. How sad and pitiful that even doctor and hospital cannot do anything.
Last week, someone send me an email article about KIWI Fruit or Kiwifruit that its juice can cure Dengue fever. And it came like below; " KIWI Juice - for dengue fever Something to share. My husband and I just recover from dengue, my husband symptom is a bit different from me. My husband dengue system is high fever, shivering, nausea, rashes, body pain, while my symptom is high fever, vomit, shivering, body pain and bad rashes. The biggest difference is that my pallet did not drastically drop but my husband pallet drop until 18 and the doctor had to do transfusion. All advices came from friend and family to try to help increase my husband pallet, crab soup and etc but all this didn't work. Until one day, one of the nurses told us to drink Kiwi Juice. Luckily, during dinner time, the hospital serve Kiwi juice for my husband and slice of Kiwi fruit for me. The next day, my hubby pallet increase to 82 and my pallet increase from 150 to 169. And the doctor allowed us to discharge. Actually, I was not really well, the next 2 days I do blood test again and my pallet drop again to 141. The doctor was quite surprise and told me if I still feel weak, and wanted me to be admitted again. My husband bought for me Kiwi juice and force me to drink. Luckily after 2 days, my pallet increase to 300. Another fresh story, my husband's aunty was also infected with dengue fever. Her pallet dropped to 76. I bought her Kiwi juice and the next day, her pallet increase to 170 and the doctor allow her to discharge. The reason for this eamil is to share the miracle of Kiwi juice, and please share this email with friends, especially kids...." So you might never know that this knowledge might come handy when we have this same symptom. For those who loves Kiwi fruit or Kiwi juice, this is another good side of Kiwi juice as treatment for dengue fever.

No comments: